Monday, October 15

It was a great weekend

JP and I drove (in his truck, of course) about 2 hours southeast for a wedding reception. The groom was in Iraq with JP, and they actually got married about a year ago, while he was home on leave. They're just now having their reception!

I had never met the groom before, but he is one helluva guy. I really like him. He is the one who put in for JP's bronze star, but that's not why I like him. He's just a really nice guy, and his bride, Tammy, wow, she didn't know me AT ALL, but she talked to me like we were old friends, just good people, ya know?

So we had a really good time, JP and I got a hotel room, left the kids home with mom (Thanks, Mom, you're THE BEST!) On our way home, we stopped so JP could buy a new gun. He's taking Alex Wednesday night to head to southern Minnesota to do some pheasant hunting. Now, if I could just get Flat to share her recipe for cooking it, I'd be set!

I only have 2 days of classes this week, how nice.
This morning I got registered for my Spring Semester, all 13 credits of it! And the beauty of it, I only have to buy 2 books! Three of those 13 credits are my job, an "Internship", 3 of them are Intermediate Accounting II, which is the second half of the book I already own for Intermediate Accounting I for this semester. So, my (just over) $3K of grant money... I'll probably use about $2,000 of it for school, and TYVM, a check in my hand for the remainder...

So, other than bowling tonight, I've had a good few days.
Don't even ask about bowling scores, it was just FUGLY. My average just went in the pooper, I'll guarantee it.

Wednesday, I don't have classes, but the kids do, so I will still have to get up at 6:30 to get them off. Friday, I have an Ortho appointment at 8:10 am. And then I have to work. I still have to work Wednesday and Thursday, but not until 3:30. So Thursday is THE SHIT. THAT is the day I'm livin' for now. No getting the kids up, no getting my ass out of bed til I feel like it!

Gotta love a Thursday...

3 comments:

Steven Tyler's PJs said...

My paternal grandfather was awarded a Bronze Star in WWII. I feel like there's kind of a club! (Obviously, a club where all the members have mixed feelings.)

Anonymous said...

How bout gotta love SATUDAY b/c my tail has to get up early until then. I'm on call this weekend too so I'm really hoping I don't get called in.

Recipe? I doubt I have it anymore. I'm sure the ex has it...sorry. All I remember is a can of cream of chicken soup and some sour cream!! ha

Steff said...

Aww, a night away with the hubby! Glad you guys got a chance to get away. ;)

My dad just joined a bowling league team. He really likes it. So, Ms. Bowling Balls...any ideas about what he might need? I'm thinking about Christmas gifts.

PS...rolled in any money yet?!