Wednesday, October 17

Are you ready for some HOCKEY??


She is.
She's very ready.
We printed out her schedule of practices for the month, and (insert disappointed sigh and 'sad face' here) I won't be able to take her to ANY of them. All her practices happen when I'm still at work. She generally has to be on the ice at 5:15 (therefor, at the arena at 5) and I don't get out of work til 5:45.


So even if I WANTED to take her... sorry, can't. I was planning on boycotting practices for the year anyway, since I did my time for the last two years, but this way, I have a legit excuse that JP can't whine about.
As I type, JP and Alex, along with Kate and Comet are in the truck driving South. The boys decided to take a mother & daughter team of hunting dogs along on their father son hunting trip. Kate LOVES guns, and she knows the commands, but has never been pheasant hunting. Comet knows nothing other than she loves her daddy and will do anything for him, and she will follow her mom, Kate, anywhere. JP promised to call nightly with progress reports, on both the dogs, and how my son does with his hunting. JP missed Alex's first season of deer hunting, but Alex has never been hunting for pheasant before. I wonder how he'll do.
No sense worrying about it now, I have the entire bed to myself, and I do not have an alarm set for the morning. This is cause for celebration. How sad is it that my idea of celebrating tonight is putting on my footie jammies and curling up in bed with a good movie. Whatever makes a girl happy, right?


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Mmm. Footie jammies and no alarm clock would make this girl very happy, I can say that!

P.S. She's adorable.

Anonymous said...

Any kid that plays hockey gets the coolest kid in the world award from me!!!

Enjoy your night alone with your movie...it's going to be chilly!