Sunday, October 29

Tomorrow I become the mother of a teenager

May God have mercy on my soul...

Alexander John was born at 5:27 p.m. on October 30, 1993. He weighed 10lbs, 15&1/2 ounces. He was 22 inches long. His first word was "Ma" and he said it within seconds of being born. His first cry actually sounded like he was screaming "Ma" over and over.

I vaguely remember it; I was pretty drugged.

He's a good kid. JP, it's been a long time, and he's changed a lot. He's fun, he's so smart, and he has a good sense of humor. He likes girls, and he likes to switch them more often than he switches his socks. But if he's got a girlfriend, he won't even dance with another one at the school dance, because that would be cheating, and he wouldn't do that to the girl of the month... His loyalty is amazing, especially for his age. I think it speaks volumes about his parents, and their relationship. We have done good honey, he's a good person. He is a person I actually like knowing. He's not a kid anymore, he's a person, and he's a pretty cool one, too.

His idea of a funny joke is a bit off color, but I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. He is a good friend, trying to be cool with "the gang", and he still comes to me to hang out. I think that's saying a lot, he still wants to just hang out and talk to me. Some times our conversations turn serious, talking about girls or drugs or politics, but some times we just talk about stupid movies that we both want to see.

I am very proud of him, for all his jokes and kidding around, he is a good person and he knows right from wrong. He tries to pretend that he's tough and all, but in reality, he will always do the right thing over doing the cool thing.

Maybe all that pain and drug induced stupor and blood loss was worth it.

No comments: