Saturday, October 21

Boring meetings, nice resort

So we are spending the long weekend in Brainerd, at Cragun's Resort for student senate General Assembly. The resort is nice, the meetings pretty much suck ass. We spent Thursday after we got here doing workshops that really had no purpose except to occupy our every second. Friday was pretty much the same.

These "boys" that April and I are here with are just that:Boys. They seem to think the main purpose of this weekend is to see how much they can drink, and how stupid they can look. Last night they actually all got mohawks. They did this to each other in their room in a matter of hours. There was a lot of high fives, and "dude, you look awesome". Lies.Two Of them look ok, Timmy is a military boy, and his is pretty decent, and Corey's hair was short to begin with, so he doesn't look bad. But Justin and Slinger look absolutely stupid. They had longer hair to begin with, so it's just awful.

When we got down to the conference room this morning (which is where I am now, love the internet in this place!) we found the "boys" had discovered the joys of hair cement. Justin and Slinger spiked their long mohawks up. Nice, wonderful way to represent our school. Jackasses.

Last night was a dance, April and I went to that for awhile. I actually broke my long standing rule of NOT dancing with women. It was a lot of fun.
Before that we dragged the 2 decent, better behaved boys down to the hottub with us. We had just a little bit of unstructured time, so we decided we had to get to the tub, because we didn't know if we'd have any time today.

So the first 2 days were all the dumb workshops, and today and tomorrow are all General Assembly. Basically, general assembly is all of us sitting in a huge conference room, listening (or not, whatever) to some people up front. I think eventually we will vote on stuff, but for now, I'm just sitting here hoping JP will get online so I can talk to him.

I may add more later, it sounds like we will be in this room for the next 12 hours (with breaks, of course) and I'm sure I'll be bored enough to think of other things to say.
I love you honey, I miss you more than anything.

3 comments:

Scott from Oregon said...

Let me get this straight. A mother of three hanging out with students who think Mohawks are cool?

Wait till they start shotgunning beers and tossing their cookies on the way back to their rooms...

How in the world?

Nikky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nikky said...

Wait til they start? They did that stuff first thing Thursday...(internal question: Why am I here???)