Wednesday, October 11

Snow? Already? Um...Ok

In a way, I am rather taken back by the sight of the white crap already, after all, it was just last week that the kids and I went tubing down the Ottertail River. (Wasn't it?)
And then I realize what I just said... "Time is just flying by"
LET IT FLY BABY, LET IT FLY!!
I actually had to go out this morning and start the KIA about 15 minutes before I planned on leaving the house. The rain last night turned to snow overnight, but not before leaving a thin layer of ice on my windshield... And the entire van, for that matter. It is currently about 20 degrees outside, wouldn't be so bad if not for the wind. The wind probably makes if feel a good 10 to 15 degrees colder.
Don't misunderstand, it's not a foot of snow out there, just a dusting, but it's now been here for almost 24 hours, even with the brief moments of sunshine today, it didn't warm up enough to melt it.
Winter is coming to Minnesota, and with it comes icy roads, school cancellations, colds and the flu, shoveling and scraping, bundling up to go out for even a minute... And best of all, Winter brings my husband home to us.
Bring it on!

No comments: