Monday, October 16

Bowling scores...The good, the bad and the ugly

I just got home from bowling. It was actually a lot of fun, fun to get out of the house and not deal with kids, fun to laugh (and be laughed AT!)

I warned them, I told them that I love bowling but I'm not very good. My friend Charity, the one who invited me told me not to worry, she wasn't very good either. MY ASS!

We bowl 3 games, competing against another team. Tonight we were paired up against Team granny. No kidding, not a one of these ladies were under the age of 60, maybe even 65. Those grannies sure had fun kicking our young butts though.

First game I was pretty much expecting my score to suck, seems I need a little time to warm up to it again, it's been quite awhile since I've bowled. I got a 74. Lowest score on the team, but at least I was not the only one not to break 100. Missy "only" had 98.

I asked Charity for some pointers, she is pretty freakin' good. During the first 6 frames of the second game, she watched me, and coached me, and gave me suggestions. By the 7th frame, it all culminated and sank in. I got a strike in the 7th frame. Fluke, I'm thinking. THEN, I got another strike in the 8th frame. Weird. When I got a strike in the 9th frame I was pretty much freaking out. I finished out the 10th frame with a 4th (IN A ROW!) STRIKE followed by a nice spare. Final score for my second game:175!! Could not believe it.

Of course, all returned to normal for my 3rd and final game. I had peaked. But at least I broke 100. I got 105 on my 3rd game.

So my overall average is 118. We whooped the grannies for the second game, but they beat us 2 out of 3.

I asked the guys working the stinky shoe and beer counter if they could print out my 2nd game. I figured that if I told JP about this he would not believe me, so I have proof, and I'm mailing it to you with the next letter or package.

Now You are answering my IM, so I'm going to close this out early and just talk to you.

No comments: