Sunday, October 8

168 divided by 2 equals 84

168
That's how many days remain in this deployment
84
That's how many days until he comes home on leave.

If this were a baseball team, 84 would be our magic number.

I have homework to do, but I'm procrastinating. I have laundry to do, same deal. I have accomplished something rather important today though. I ran out and bought a 1 gig flashdrive and downloaded some home movies onto it so I can add that to the box I am getting ready to mail to JP. For some reason my laptop is being obnoxious and won't let me burn a DVD with these movie clips I have, so I am sending them to JP so he can either burn them, or just download them to his laptop.

I have been writing JP letters, they take me a week to write, and I usually do it between classes, so the majority of the stuff I write about is school related, but I don't really know what else to talk to him about, especially now that I know how much it saddens him to hear about things at home. I imagine it just makes him miss us more to hear these things, things about the kids, or the house, me or the dogs. I wish it didn't, I wish he could stand to hear these things. I think he needs to be kept up to date, I believe it will make things easier for him once he comes back. If he knows the progression of say, Alex and his girlfriends and dating situation, maybe it won't come as quite a shock to him when he comes back, the first time Alex asks for money to take his girl of the week to the movies.

Speaking of school related things, I may be in a bit of a pickle with my payroll class. We are dealing with filing taxes for a business, on a quarterly basis. I am pretty much lost in the sea of IRS forms, and when to file, because depending on how much your employees make, and depending on how many employees there are and when they get paid, you either have to send in a check every 3 to 4 days, or once a month, or quarterly. Of course each due date has a different grace period, too. It's mucky. I just want to get through it and get over it.

Sitting here blogging about it isn't getting it done though, is it?

2 comments:

Scott from Oregon said...

Sending some Oregon good vibes your way...

Didja feel 'em?

(They smell a little like vanilla incense and pot, this being harvest season for the yahoos in the hills...)

Scott--

Nikky said...

wow, Oregon good vibes smell a helluva lot better than Minnesota good vibes! Ours are more like a mixture of hotdish and road construction tar =P