Wednesday, October 25

Fog is lifting... Slowly but surely

Ok, so I'm not gonna say that I suddenly feel fabulous. I did not leap out of bed, rip open the curtains and do my best Julie Andrews impression.
but I got a decent night's sleep.
I have a new perspective on the pile up of things to do.
They will get done.
All in due time.
No need to stress.
I'm feeling pretty good about life again.

Then I got out of bed.

My 8 am class this morning was the first shit to hit the fan. Today is mid term. The instructor was pleased to announce that there would be no mid term exam. HOWEVER....

yeah, shit, I hate howevers.

There is a term paper due TOMORROW by 11:30am. She assigned it at 8:30 this morning. Gave us a run down on what is to be included. Oh, not much--just cover the 6 main points of the 7 chapters of the book that we've gone through so far... ya kiddin' me? WTF?

But this is the new improved Nik, I'm feeling better, none of this defeatist attitude. I got right to work. We had the hour and a half left of class to get started. Plus I had an hour break between that class and my next. I got going on it, did pretty good, by the time I had to leave for my next class, I had just started page 9.

I went to my Computer Tech class, learning about Excel. Quickly did the online quiz and the assignment in the classroom, then bailed half an hour early so I could eat. Wednesdays are a real bugger. I have classes from 8-10 and 11 to 3. Since I had used my one free hour to work on my term paper, I was starving, with no relief in sight. So I said an early goodbye to Marcus and called Corin and had her bring me a Jr. Whopper.

I finished out my afternoon of classes, accounting and payroll, no real big issues, other than my continuing problem in accounting is a real problem. BUT, IT'S ME, Little Miss No Worries! I brought it home to work on during Emma's hockey practice. Not a problem, I can get it done. It's due by the end of the week.

I came home and got going on my term paper some more. By 5 pm I was done. It is 15 pages long. Yeah, that's right, I busted that thing out on the busiest day of my week in roughly 4 hours of actual "working on it" time. I have it on my flash drive and will print it out first thing in the morning, and drop it in Diane's mailbox.

I had more issues with the accounting problem during hockey practice, decided to talk to Carol tomorrow and have her help me. It was getting really frustrating. It's a continuing problem, meaning that it carries over, 3 chapters so far. We do some of it, turn it in, get it back and when we learn new shit in the next chapter, we apply that to the continuing problem. I believe it is called that because it is a continuing pain in my ass problem. I cannot find the adjusting entries. I know I did some of them, they're posted to the ledger, but I can't find the journal pages that they're on. I'm about ready to trash the whole thing and start from scratch.

My dog is laying here with her stomach gurgling and passing some nasty gas. I am going to pray that letting her out one more time before I go to sleep will be enough. I do not think waking up to a pile (puddle?) of runny dog shit is a good way to start my day.

The sun'll come out
tomorrow
bet your bottom dollar that
tomorrow
there'll be sun

bite me bitch

No comments: