Monday, January 12

What a weekend!

I'm finally getting a chance to update here, sorry 'bout that.

My dad came to visit, got up here (from 5 hours South) Friday about 4. JP was gone, he had guards this weekend. As you may know, my Mom lives with us. As you may or may not know, my mom and dad have been divorced for... 19 years... yeah, that's right. They were married for 19 years, and now they've been divorced for 19 years. Dad remarried, as I MAY have mentioned... Satan.

ANYWHOO... so Dad came up to visit... ALONE! We chatted for awhile, then decided to go over to Mom's bar to play bar bingo. Mom came with. My mom and dad get along great, not uncomfortable or awkward at all.

Mom was the DD, so dad and I got to have a few drinks... and a few more. We were still back at the house by 10:30, but we stayed up drinking and talking... the 3 of us... until 2:30 am, when mom kicked us out of her room, because she had to work in the morning. So dad and I went upstairs and continued our conversations... until shortly after 4 am. My face hurt from laughing so much.

We had a really great time.

Emma had a hockey game Saturday night and Sunday afternoon, too. They lost both games. It's what they call a "building year"... whatever, these girls are not playing as a team, and they need better coaching. I wish JP would realize that he could be a great coach. He says he doesn't have the patience...

I have tomorrow off work, time to take down the Christmas tree and clean up around here. That's the plan anyway... I could end up lounging in bed all day... but that's what a day off is for.

Next weekend I have to work at the bank AND the bar. But it's good, since JP and Emma will be gone. She's got a tournament in... Roseau or International Falls... somewhere North. Working both jobs will make the time go by faster. Plus, getting some tip money the weekend before going to Chicago is a great thing!

No comments: