Wednesday, January 21

It wasn't an "interview", it was an offer meeting

I met tonight with my possible-new bosses. They were actually expecting me to make a decision tonight!

I told them that I was going to Chicago over the weekend, but I have next Monday and Tuesday off, and I would like to go down there and shadow their current bookkeeper and really get a feel for the job before I make a decision.

If I take the job, I would work at the bank until FRIDAY THE 13TH!! and then start the new job on Monday the 16th. That means that my final bank paycheck would arrive on the 28th of February and my first check from them would be on Mar 13th, for the full two weeks of work. And then every 2 weeks after that... same payday as JP. My next normal payday at the bank wouldn't be until the 15th of March. So it will fit in great with the budget. The hours are 8 to 4 Monday through Friday, NO WEEKENDS!!

So I will try to put this in the back of my mind for the weekend, enjoy my trip and not worry about it until Monday. Notice I said "try"... ha! fat chance!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Chicago will give you clarity about what decision you should make. HAVE FUN!!!

Unknown said...

Go for it! I think you will ultimately welcome the challenge.