Tuesday, January 13

The bright side

So here I am on my day off... the Christmas tree and all decorations are down, boxed up, waiting for their new home, and the last load of laundry is in the dryer. And I didn't even just lazy out and shove all the previous loads on the laundry table, either, I folded them AND PUT THEM AWAY!! So I am feeling very accomplished today. I even took a break and grabbed lunch and took it over to Mom at the bar, had lunch with her.

So (have you noticed that I 'say' that alot? So?... and yes, I DO say it, because I type what I think, and since normally, I would SAY what I think, I guess I must say SO quite a bit... damn, that's annoying)

So anyway (FUCK!)

Since I got everything pretty much done that I intended to with my day off, I decided that I deserve a little bloggy break. And I got to thinking about trying to see the bright side of things. With our depressing weather (a HIGH of NEGATIVE 10 TODAY!!) and all the clouds, no sunshine, it's easy to fall into a funk... not necessarily a clinical depression, just a serious case of the mopes... the blahs... and with those comes the ease of focusing on the negative.

I am trying to catch myself before I get too far down that path.
But I AM reasonable, and I KNOW who I am, and how I think, so I can't just be Miss Suzy Sunshine, I have to address the negative, but FOCUS on the positive.

So here's my analysis of " The bright side vs the dark side"

1. We have WAAAAY too much debt. One of my resolutions was to decrease that, while NOT incurring any more. As you may recall, we went out on NEW YEAR'S DAY, resolution only hours old, and broke that one into about 1500 pieces. Why 1500? Easy, because that's how much the new dishwasher (which we needed) and the new double ovens (which we technically could have waited to replace) cost: $1500.

But the bright side is that we have those things now. The ovens are incredible, LOVE THEM, and the dishwasher is lovely. I do not yet know how to USE it... not my job, but JP read the manual, and taught Alex how to use it, and that's the important thing! HE says it's great!

2. Maybe JP and I are feeling the effects of the winter funk, (I could say that, but it's been going on too long for that to be the real issue here) but he and I are just not in sync right now. Being completely honest, I have some resentment issues, and it's real hard to feel cuddly and lovey with a man that you resent. Why I resent him is two part. One, I have no problem sharing, it's the snoring, or rather, his unwillingness to try to stop it. The second part of the resentment makes me feel like a big ol' bitch. But I'm gonna tell ya anyway, cuz those of you who have known me long enough already know that I AM a big ol' bitch, so what's a little more fuel to that particular fire, right?
Remember last summer, I lost a bunch of weight? 25 pounds to be exact. Now, I admit, I haven't been going to the gym since it got so FRIGGIN' COLD here, but I have maintained that weight loss, for the most part (I HAVE gained back 5 lbs from my "low") and I am very proud of that, and I feel pretty good about myself, and how I look, for the first time in a very long time.
Meanwhile, there's the hubby. What I have lost, he has found. I asked him if he wanted to join me at the gym, he was never interested. It's not that I don't find my husband attractive, I do, I think he is gorgeous. I guess the unattractive part is his lack of 'give a shit'... I was getting big, I did something about it. He just doesn't seem to give a shit.

But, to see the bright side, he and I love each other very much, and this spring we will celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary. In this day and age, it's a rare thing. We have made it through much worse than a little belly fat, and I KNOW this too shall pass. JP and I, we ARE in it for the long haul... we will be together til death do us part... that much I know.

So while I COULD wallow in the dark side, I am TRYING to see the bright side of things, even though I just said 'so' again... like those girls that have conversations:

"I know! I asked him what's up, and he was all 'I dunno' and I was all ' you should know' "

"And then I was like "are you kidding me?" and he was like 'no way, no kidding' and I'm like 'you are kidding'

People aren't LIKE talking... they ARE TALKING. THEY SAY WORDS, THEY DON'T like WORDS!!

There, a good vs evil post plus a bonus vent/bitch at the end... for your reading pleasure!

3 comments:

Scott from Oregon said...

Keep pinching his fat roll and tell him how much you love groping it. Tell him it's like one giant unibreast. Tell him now you see what he gets out of grabbing your boobies. Jiggle it and pay attention to it, forgetting about everything else. Make his chubby belly button into a mouth and talk to it...

That usually turns the attitude a bit.

Anonymous said...

LOL I can relate to the weight gain. I've not gained NEAR as much as Mr. Wonderful but he cannot wear the jeans I've bought him. He has reverted back to his 1989 stonewash blue and it's driving me NUTS! I started patting his belly and encouraged him to join me in the hockey 5K run/walk. I've also started buying healthier choices at the grocery--that's a BIGGIE. If there is no junk food in the house, he can't eat it when he is home.

Sorry bout the budget thing. It's my main goal for this year--pay down my credit card debt. You can do it, too.

I've had the blahs, too. I saw your cold weather and temps. I cannot imagine!!! Bundle up :o)

Steven Tyler's PJs said...

I say "like" so often that people must think my trip to college and my degree in English is completely imaginary.