Sunday, January 25

Offer Update

I was able to clear my head and really think about this job while in Chicago.

I cannot take this risk. Right now I have a job that I know how to do, and I do it well. I could not afford to NOT work. Meaning, what if I took this job and then 5 months from now, either I hate it, or THEY hate me, or I just cannot do the job without MOUNTAINS of stress? I can't afford to quit any job. And right now, I think I just have to buckle down and get my financial world in order.

Tomorrow I will be posting pictures from Chicago. I have Monday AND Tuesday off work, plenty of time to rest up after an AMAZING weekend.

Also tomorrow I will be picking up Nautilus... or "Naughty" as we will be calling her. I am getting Tiny Sue her own personal trainer. Naughty is a 4 month old tabby kitten who is going to chase and play with Tiny until she looses some of that flab! And yes, before you ask, Naughty IS a rescue. I will post pics of my cats as soon as I can (I just love that I will be able to say this: My cats are Tiny and Naughty!!)

Now I have about 45 emails to get to, being offline since Wednesday night has been horrible, withdrawal symptoms are a bitch.

3 comments:

HS @ Our Debt Blog said...

I agree, its probably better to keep your current job, could you advance to a better position there?

Nikky said...

Yeah, and I am always checking our online HR postings, I think if I could get over to "the other side" of the bank, that might help quite a bit.

There are two sides to our bank, the tellers dealing with customers, and the personal bankers, insurance, and trust depts over on the other side. THAT is where I want to be.

Anonymous said...

Good for you, I'm so glad you were able to think clear on your vacay and come to a decision you've got peace with.

I am so happy about your kitty. I was THIS close to getting a shelter dog, but they got rid of him on Sunday. I am SO disappointed--he was a labradoodle!!!