Saturday, January 3

Changes

Fear of change is something that alot of people suffer from.

Fear of change can make a person keep a shitty job.
Fear of change can make a person stay in a loveless marriage.
Fear of change can make a person not try to accomplish something.
Fear of change can make a person stay in a geographical location that is TOO DAMN COLD. And full of TOO DAMN MUCH SNOW!

Worried ya, didn't I? Did you have a moment of "Oh, hell, Nik's gone and quit her job and left her husband!"

Nope, just sick and tired of blizzards. I loved New Orleans. I would LOVE to live there... oh, shit, they have hurricanes. Pensacola Beach was nice, but again, hurricanes. How about somewhere just south enough to NOT have snow, or at least not MUCH snow... but not too close to a coast. Wait, wouldn't that be right in the middle of tornado alley?

Sunuva bitch, there is just no decent place in this country. I'm not asking for perfect, SOME snow is okay, I could even handle temps down to zero. But 5 feet of snow and an average monthly temp of NEGATIVE 5??? Gawd, Minnesota sucks.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, it would have to be a blue state, and I'd rather not pick up a goofy accent after living there awhile. I prefer my midwest "standard" dialect. Not that I'd really ever get to relocate... I stay with JP, and he stays with his job... here... where hell is freezing over.

3 comments:

Steven Tyler's PJs said...

You could live in "Looo-ul-ville" or Tennessee - even Cincinnati doesn't get TOO much snow. Much less, certainly, than MN.

I was amazed when we moved here - it does not snow NEARLY as much as in Iowa.

Anonymous said...

We rarely get snow in TN and when we do EVERYTHING shuts down. School, banks, roads, Kroger, etc. It's hilarious. We get about 2 inches a YEAR. Sometimes we get ice but it's always fun to slide around on. Wanna move to Nashvegas?

Jan Ross said...

Forget Tennessee!! Kentucky is the perfect place to live. We also have no school when we get a couple of inches of snow - kinda nice!