Friday, January 16

My son is NOT a genius...

And I'm perfectly okay with that. He's a good kid, and with a little prodding, he DOES try his best.
Today was the end of the semester for Alex, his first year in the high school. He will be passing all his classes. I know, you're thinking ' yeah? big deal, isn't that what he's SUPPOSED to do??'

He was slacking, not turning in work, and with a good ass-chewing from me and his grandma, he's made a turn around, and will end up with 'good enough for now' grades, instead of D's and F's.

But most of all, he's a decent kid. At 15, he does not talk back to me, he would never swear at me or act out like an angry obnoxious teen. He's funny, and he's fun. And maybe, just maybe he's finally learned that high school IS important... I hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Small steps...they eventually grow into what high school is all about. I think the transition from jr high to high school is tough. Thankfully he is turning things around. He's got 4 years to improve on his grades, and then hopefully go to college. Sometimes I wish LIFE gave us such lenient opportunities. lol