Thursday, September 4

My apologies

Holy crap, I have really been a slack ass.

Things have gotten busy in Nik's house, the kids are back to school, Eric is top dog of the elementary school, Emma is pond scum in middle school, and Alex is a peon in the high school.

After 3 days of classes, they're all doing alright, not much to complain about from any of them... yet. Alex is being loaded with homework already, Algebra, writing essays and Spanish homework. I'm sitting at the dining room table next to Eric right now, he's working on his spelling packet and I'm available to help, if need be. He seems to really like his teacher this year. He got the same teacher that Emma had last year. She didn't really like him, he was too strict on her (no, she was a wiggle worm who would not shut up!) Eric does not have that problem, he gets along great with Mr. H.

We also (since my last post) had to say goodbye to our summer interns, Mike, Matt and Jena. But we did get Anne. She got the same position I had last fall, student hours, working 3:30 to close Monday through Friday and every Saturday. Can I just say I LOVE HER!! We have so much in common, from a love of office supplies and storage containers to a quiet anguish over the overwhelming number of Republicans that surround us.

Starting in October, I 'volunteered' to close every night, like I used to. Not just so I can hang out with Anne, that's a perk! The main reason is the mornings around here. Mom showers, JP showers, at least one kid showers. I haven't gone to the gym since school started, they cannot be trusted to get ready in the morning and NOT hurt each other.

If I work later, I can get a decent shower before I go to work, not the 4th or 5th (read:cold) shower of the morning. It gives the water heater time to catch up. So I will go in at 9 or 9:30 most days, and work until 5:45.

And the main reason I have been slacking on my blogging: MAH JONG.
Yeah, my brother showed it to my mom on her new laptop, she showed it to me, and now I am addicted. I almost never go to Pogo.com either. I do my online banking, I read my emails and I play Mah Jong.

That's it... I am a slack ass. sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of that game. I have a game on my cell phone called Bubble Breaker--it's addictive so I know what you mean (sorta).

Glad the kids are doing well in school. I bet they are ready for Christmas break already tho. ha

Steff said...

I think slack-ass is contagious and I must have gotten it from you. Hehe

I hated Spanish in school...I always sucked at it. Sounds like you have a routine going which is always so nice.

Glad you have a pal at work that fits with that whole Nikky attitude! :)