Tuesday, September 30

Supa Star

Wow, I should join the pro tour! I'm talking about the WBAA... Women's Bowling Association of America... ok, I'm not sure if that's what it's called... but I had a good night last night.

My average last week, as you may remember was a lowly 114. At the start of last night, it had jumped to a MONSTER (ha) 120. I beat my average in all 3 games last night. Which is odd for me, I usually tank at least one, but then again, it's not like 120 is this huge insurmountable task, either.

Got a 123, a 132 and A BIG OL' 153!! It's always a good night if I can beat 150. That's usually my goal. I get in the 140's often enough that it's not a big deal anymore, so I shoot for 150.

But we still lost all 3 games, we are in dead last. If we could just get rid of Liz and Cheryl, the two dead lumps on our team, we might have a chance. No shit, these two women have averages UNDER 100!! A team cannot be competitive if 2/5 of the team sucks ass.

Now, as for work, and my schedule, it's being good now. I'm working the late shift, so I don't go in until 9, so I can get up and go to the gym, come home and herd the kids out the door (JP gets them up and going, leaves the house about 10 to 7, I get home about 10 after 7) then I can relax for a bit (pay bills, blog, whatever) until 8 when I have to start getting ready for work. Peace and quiet, THAT makes it all worth it.

I have upped the intensity at the gym. Can't seem to get past this 155 plateau. Some days I'll dip down to 153 or 152, and I don't go over 155, but holy crap, I just want to see 149, and see it consistently! It's all a mind thing, 149 is still in the 140's, and that's good enough for me! Just another five to ten pounds, that's all I'm asking! I can't really spend any more time at the gym than I already do (when I go, I'm there for an hour) so I am upping the levels on the elliptical and the bike, and slowly increasing the time, used to be 20 minutes on each, then I just went up to 22, and starting next week, it'll be 25, just a slow increase, but hopefully I will see a result.

Well, it's my payday, so I have to get over to that site and get some money moved around, see if I can't stretch things a bit... *sigh*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found out my next check won't be til Nov 15--talk about stretching things!! lol

I walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes at 3.6 mph. I have this thing wanting the middle number of my weight to be a 3 but it just won't get there. I think you've got a great body size...I would have thought you were in the 120s to be honest!!

Nikky said...

See, Amanda, that's where photos can be deceiving, because I would have put you in the 120's, so I'm guessing you want to GAIN weight to get to the 130's! LOL

I'm tall, 5'10", and I think that's why being 155 doesn't make me look enormous, but it's not great, either! Because, of course, the only pictures that I post of myself are ones that I approve of (read: doesn't make me look too fat!)

EJL said...

I still roll grannies down the aisle...

Once I did that and stepped on the hem of my hippy dress and the damn thing ripped showing off my bum!