Saturday, September 20

No title

I can't really give a snappy title to this one, at least not yet... I have stuff I want to talk about, but it's all pretty random and unrelated.

Last night JP and I went out on the town with Gina and Mike for my birthday. We did dinner and drinks, and it was sort of a bummer. We cut the night short because of Gina and Mike. Mike got all quiet, and Gina got all paranoid, and I feel for them, a new relationship and all, but please.
It was all about money. Now, if anyone understands problems with money in a relationship, new or old, it's me... Someone in the couple makes more money than the other, but the lower wage earner is able to save more money each month for the eventual move-in together step. The higher paid one is certain that the other is dragging feet on the move-in, and therefor feels that their money that should be saved could be better served paying bills.

They need to talk to each other, and be completely open and honest about everything.

JP and I talked about it when we got home, and I know I felt it, and I think he did too, that feeling of serenity and happiness because we do not have those issues anymore. We still have disagreements over money, of course, but we TALK to each other. The different levels of maturity that our two relationships are at is interesting. I try to talk to Gina, and I hope she doesn't think that I'm a know-it-all telling her how to live her life. It's just that I've been there, done that, and I would never dream of telling her "the way" to get through this, I can only tell her how JP and I got through things like that.

Today we got up and went to pick up the truck; did not drink and drive last night, Gina's mom came and got us, we left JP's truck in the parking lot of the last bar we went to. Then I got started on my mental list (I cannot believe I haven't written it out, I'm such a slacker!) I have a five day weekend here, I don't have to go to work again until Thursday. I'm going to clean the back porch, and the closet and the laundry room, and I really need to clean my room.

But now I am going to go reheat a pork chop from supper, because JP just came in with some and it smells so good!
Oh, and I have to go to the gym each day that I'm off, so I can get my $20 off my membership, really slacking in September so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here reading blogs and needing to get up and on the treadmill. Ugh.

It's hard to tell people how to live their life, especially when it comes to money, but I'm sure you are giving her advice in the correct way--just like you said, this is how WE did it. It sounds like SOMEONE needs to tell them or they are going to mute themselves to each other and never solve the problem.

honkeie said...

The number one key to all relationships is communication. From marraige to work relationships if there is no communication it will not work.