Sunday, August 24

Long day yesterday, but mostly fun!

Saturday was going to be a long day, I knew that going in to it.


I had to work in the morning, first Saturday I've worked since the end of May. My BF Gina's main squeeze, Mike was celebrating his birthday, so I knew that after I got out of work at noon, I'd be meeting them for drinks and WHATEVER.

Originally, the plan was to meet at the Speakeasy (a BAR!!) for a couple of drinks, then we were going to go tubing down the Ottertail River. Well, the weather had other ideas. It was chilly, and windy when I went to work, at 8 am. I kept watching out the window, hoping it would clear off and the wind would settle. Well, it DID, but it didn't get too much warmer. It was only about 70, and if you're tubing down the river, you want a good 80 degree day, minimum.

Also originally, I planned on getting out of work at 12:10, running home to change, then going to the bar. Well, it was a bitch of a day at the bank, and I didn't leave until 12:30, and I went STRAIGHT to the bar. I called home once I had a bloody mary in front of me, to let the kids know that we'd be stopping there after a couple of drinks so I could change. While telling Emma this on the phone, she said "Dad's home, do you just want to talk to him?"

YES!!

He got home from Camp Ripley and was relaxing. I asked him to come down to the Speakeasy, and he said he'd shower and clean up, and just wait for us to come there and get him. Well, two hours and four bloody mary's later, we (Gina, Mike, Jason and Sabrina) showed up. I changed, and we all piled into my Kia, thanks, Jason for being the sober driver!

Since it was too cold to tube, we decided on mini golf.







There were six of us, and JP used to play golf in high school. The rest of us were admittedly, pretty sucky. At the end of 18 holes, JP handed me the scorecard... a three-way tie for 1st place: Gina, Sabrina, and ME!! Yeah, the girls kicked butt! Never mind that the par for the course was 42, and we were tied at 60... we beat the guys, they ranked in at: JP-64, Mike-65 and Jason-69.


We then went to a place right by the mini golf place for burgers and drinks (another bloody mary!) We got done, and asked the birthday boy 'where to next?' He suggested that we continue with our childish behavior, and go to a place down the road called "Go, Putt & Bump" After a few drinks, Gina and I were calling it everything from 'go bump n butt' to 'go pump a butt'... and LAUGHING... no kidding, my face HURT from all the laughing!



Turns out that Go Putt & Bump has all sorts of activities. Batting cages, bumper boats (wanted to try them, but they were more for little kids...dammit) and GO-KARTS!!

The guys went driving first, and I took pictures. Then the three girls went and I gave JP my camera to take pics, turns out that he SUCKS at taking action shots. They were all a blur... which is fitting, since every red blur that was me, was because I was JUST FLYING around that course. It was a lot of fun, I even slid around a corner (and didn't let up on the gas...) and slammed into the rail... big squealing scraping sound til I corrected. JP and Mike also got into the batting cages, but I think this is enough pictures for one post!

JP and I got home right around 8 pm, my sinuses were killing me, and were in bed by 10... so no big drunk fest, and no hangover today, so that was nice!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day!! Except for the 70 degree weather. Sounds like fall is hitting you a little early. It was 100 on my car Friday. We had to wait until almost dark before we walked the dogs today it's so hot.

I think a 60 is good!!! You sure did better than the guys...I've never been in a go-cart...I want to though!!

Scott from Oregon said...

THAT!

lOOKS LIKE FUN!