Saturday, August 16

Meat forks and MANGOES

Last night got pretty interesting. I think I found out that I may be allergic to mangoes. Mom and I got a veggie tray and a fruit tray for supper last night. I tried mangoes. I have never had them before. They're really good.

But mangoes do not like me.
I started getting... itchy. My palms and my neck and then up my arms and my torso...the roof of my mouth and my tongue... it was just like when I found out I was allergic to penicillin, only not as bad... I didn't have too many pieces of mango.

I took some Benedryl, and after about half an hour, when that didn't seem to be helping, we went to the ER. I wanted a shot of benedryl, or adrenalin, whatever it was they gave me when I had the penicillin reaction.

They were pretty backed up in the ER, and after about an hour, I was feeling a bit better, the benedryl I had taken at home was kicking in (and kicking my butt, I was almost sleeping in the waiting room!) so I let them know that I was going home, and if it got worse, whatever, that I would come back in.

This morning I got Alex up and let mom sleep in. I dragged him to several rummage sales. I got myself some nice work clothes, including a DRESS, which I have never worn to work... damn prissy women are starting to rub off on me! The dress still had the tags on it, the woman had never worn it, and it was marked $98 from the store. I paid $6... nice bargain!

I also got a Newton's Cradle, always wanted on of them, very cool. And a bowl & pitcher set for my dry sink. Got Emma a pair of jeans and a couple of cute tops. I got a silver serving platter. Not that I use them, I have a few, I just like silver platters, I display them on the big shelves in the living room.

And I got two meat forks. These have become the Holy Grail of my existence lately. I needed a meat fork. I have looked in every store, all over this town and Fargo and never found one, I remember as a kid, we had one. You stab the big hunk of meat, roast, whatever with the fork, and hold it while you cut it with the big knife.

I got two meat forks today, and I paid $1.50 FOR BOTH!
All in all, it's been a good day so far, and it's only noon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love to eat mangos!! I am sorry you might be allergic to them. I do not eat them very often, plus they are NOT fun to get in to.

I love your meat fork story!! Nothing like a hunk of meat on a big ole fork. lol

That dress was a real steal!!!