Friday, August 22

Good Afternoon, Sir

Tuesday at Camp Ripley was good, really really good.
I didn't realize how much I missed JP til I saw him. After all, it had only been a week and a half. So the family day stuff was OK, but what I loved was walking around with JP and having this little grunts walk past and say "Good afternoon, Sir" and "Hello, Sergeant" and sounding all ass kissing to MY hubby.

PLUS, I got to play with a .50 cal machine gun! It was mounted on a Humvee, and I got to climb in and a grunt taught me how to load it, and how to rotate the full 360 and it was SO COOL. No, I didn't load it with actual ammo, he just showed me how to, IF I had the ammo.

We hung out there for the day and then drove home. We got home and I got to relax for about an hour before I went out to the bowling alley. It was a good night, my average at the end of last season was something like 128. I bowled two games, got a 126 and a 134. It was a fun night, and bowling starts for real the Monday night after Labor Day.

That's all for this post of catch-up...

No comments: