Friday, August 22

Meme from Tenn

I borrowed (ok, STOLE) this meme from Flat, she had some great answers, thought I'd give it a shot.

1. What is something you've dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it yet? Ever since I was a kid, roughly 8th or 9th grade, I have wanted to be a writer. I even used that as the subject for my research paper on the career I wanted in the 10th grade. I haven't done it yet because I have a serious fear of rejection. I wrote it (the book) already. And I know what will happen. Yeah, eventually, someone MAY like it, but all the rejections leading up to that would just crush me. So I just keep it to myself.

2. If I could make one fictional character come to life, who would it be and why?
That is a really tough one. I have so many characters that I love. All from books, no movies or shows though. Atticus Finch... just to know that such a good and honorable man exists would make me happy. Not to say that I don't know any men who are good and honorable, hell, I married one of them, but there's just something about Atticus. *sigh*

3. If you were given $10,000 for a shopping spree, only one store, where would you spend it?
Easy. IKEA... everything from beds and bedding to couches and throw pillows, silverware and serving bowls to curtains and storage containers... oh, just gives me chills thinking about it!

4. Name 3 things you wanted as a child but never got: 1. a barbed wire tattoo around my upper arm (THANK GOD!) 2. a little sister (ALSO, THANK GOD!) 3. a canopy bed (but I've had one since, so it's all good!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I remember canopy beds!!! I always thought they were the coolest. Good meme

I wish you had more confidence about your book. I am sure it is REALLY good.