Friday, August 22

Disoriented

I HATE when this happens!

When I got home from work Wednesday, I was beat, exhausted, starting to feel like I was getting sick. I laid down at 6 pm for a little nap.

I woke up to the sound of a knocking at my bedroom door. I looked at the clock,
8:10!! It was light outside, and I realized SHIT, I HAVE TO BE TO WORK IN 5 MINUTES!!

I jumped up and tried to figure out why my alarm clock didn't go off at 5:30am, like usual, and grabbed my phone to call my boss to explain that I'd be there ASAP. As I am frantically trying to do all this, Emma opens my door (she was the one who knocked) and asks me what the problem is. I screamed at her that I was late for work (DUH!)

About that time, my mom comes walking down the hall, and peers into my room "What's up?"
(wtf is wrong with these people, can't they see that my alarm didn't go off this morning, and I am late for work!!?)
I tell her that, and she says "Nik, what day is it?"
(DUH! What?)
"Thursday morning," I say, just exasperated, as I start calling my boss's desk at work.

"Um, Nik, it's Wednesday night"

oh. ok. nevermind then.

1 comment:

Steven Tyler's PJs said...

Oh God, that's rough. When I'm really stressed about work, I will often dream that I've overslept and am hours late for work. This adds a really fun extra dimension to tax time!