Wednesday, August 13

Who stepped on the duck?

I got an email fwd today at work, and it was amusing and perfectly clean (of course it was, prissy ladies)

Three women die and go to heaven, where they are told by St Peter that there is only one strict rule: Do not step on the ducks.

Of course, they notice that there are ducks everywhere, it's going to be hard not to step on a duck. Within the first few hours, one of the women steps on a duck. St Peter is there in seconds, dragging a horribly ugly man with him. He tells the woman that her punishment for stepping on the duck is to be chained to this ugly man for all of eternity.

The other two women, upon hearing this, vow to be very careful. A week passes, and eventually, one of the two remaining women steps on a duck as well. St Peter makes his appearance, again, dragging a hideously ugly man. He chains the woman to him, repeats his whole "eternity" speech, and off he goes.

The last woman is on alert, very careful of the ducks. About a month later, St Peter shows up out of nowhere, leading a gorgeous hunk of a man. He chains the hunk to the woman and walks away.
The woman is happily stunned, "Wow, what did I do to deserve this?" She wonders aloud.
The hunk says "I don't know about you, but I stepped on a duck"

It was a slow day at the bank. Plenty of time to think. I got to thinking about many of the couples I know. Not all, of course, but MANY of them are like the chained couples in heaven. One of them definitely stepped on the duck, and one of them had a beautiful person dragged over to them.

Ever see a good looking (insert one sex or the other here) and then get a load of their spouse? Ever wonder "How the hell did s/he end up with THAT??"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! OMG I work with a nice looking doctor so I googled his wife who is also a doctor at a different hospital. She is HORRID!! I cannot believe he married her and reproduced TWICE!! lol It amazes me how an ogre can get with a princess!!