Monday, August 18

Multiplicity, please

Remember that movie with Michael Keaton? He had so many things going on, so many commitments, that he (I forget HOW) got these clones of himself to get everything done.

Just for tomorrow, I would love that.
There are 4 things going on tomorrow that I SHOULD go to.
1. Family day at Camp Ripley, visiting JP during his 2 weeks of camp. Starts at 9:45 am, 2 hours away. Lasts into the afternoon.
2. My bank's employee picnic, held at the lake house of the branch manager. Starts at 5:30 pm.
3. My husband's employer's family picnic held at the Pavilion in town. Starts at 5:30 pm.
4. Fun-night, the start-up of the bowling season. It's free food, free booze, free bowling and lots of drawings for cash and prizes. Starts at 6:30 pm, lasts until 9 or 10 pm.

Now, I already don't have to go to work tomorrow, I had requested today and yesterday off over a month ago. I THOUGHT at the time, that I would have a nice long relaxing weekend, with not much going on, just vegging and relaxing.

Today was spent running and running. Got up this morning, had an Ortho checkup appointment. Came home and Alex and I ran to the dump with a load and so now the garage is clean, and can fit a vehicle again! Showers all around, and then it was off for Eric's haircut. Then all three kids and I grabbed my mom and went to Fargo and did all the school clothes shopping. Not the supplies, and only got shoes for one of the three. But $710 later, everyone is clothed from their socks and undies to nice fall/spring hoodies to keep them warm, and everything in between.

The rest will wait until JP gets home. Two of the kids need shoes, and those same two also need eye doctor appointments and new glasses. That will be next week, too.

As for tomorrow, I had to make some tough choices.
Do I make the (expensive) drive down to take the kids to see JP, when he'll be home on Saturday? Yes, I do anything for him.
Do I bust ass to get back home to suck up to my boss' bosses? No. An explanation that we spent the day with JP will suffice.
Do I go spend the evening with my husband's coworkers and their spouses, when he's not even there? Hell no, no explanation needed.
Do I reward myself for the extensive driving with a night of drinks, laughs and bowling? Hell Yes!

Now it's time for vegging before I fall asleep. Because it's Tuesday, and I go to the gym Tuesday through Friday...even if I have the day off work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking "I'm gonna hurt that girl if she turns down free booze!!" lol

Hope you have fun!!