Thursday, April 10

Staying but maybe looking

Well, I did some thinking on it, and I think I have figured it out.
I AM going to apply for Kim's job. Whether I stay at the bank or not, whether I work through the summer as a temp or a full time employee, I WILL be working full time hours. The difference? The pay. Full time employees make more than "seasonal". I am going to apply, and (assuming a bit here) once I get it, I will continue to work there and 'just see'. Who knows, maybe working full time will be better... I doubt it, but hell, I've been wrong before. I figure that by the end of the summer I will know. I think 3 to 4 months is a good test period. If, at the end of the summer, I am ready to scream, kill a nice lady or pull my hair out, then I will suck it up, keep working there while looking for other employment. But, if I decide I LOVE it, then it's all settled, I'm in!

Then there's the third scenario: Getting Kim's job gets my foot in the door permanently, and if/when a job opens up on the 'other side' of the bank, personal bankers area, trusts, insurance, whatever, I can bid on something over there. They do have a 6 month requirement on that... meaning that you must work in your current position for a minimum of 6 months before you can apply for a different position. Well, if I start full time in Mid May, that keeps me there until November at a minimum. That's assuming that my 6 month counter starts over when I move from temp/seasonal to full time. If it doesn't start over ( and really, it shouldn't, they're the same JOB) then I've already got over 6 months in as a teller.

So there, as y'all know, I hate it when things are up in the air, and here I've made a decision to PUT things up in the air for a minimum of 4 months. You realize this is already driving me batshit, right?

No comments: