Sunday, April 27

I was on hiatus

wow, long time no blog!

My week just sort of got away from me, I guess.

Did you see the news? We got snow... on April 26. Yes, that makes it 3 big snows in April for us... The weather bastard said last night that our total accumulation was 17 INCHES!! I am so sick of this, we had a couple of weeks of "spring like" weather, lulling us into a false sense of security, I now see. I'm so sick of it, really.

And now it's Sunday, my only day off, and I have a huge task ahead of me. Painting. I have decided, after yesterday afternoon of putting on the KILZ, that I am NOT doing this alone. I WILL have help. My arms are killing me today. I did three coats of KILZ on the dining room wall, and I did two coats of the darker color on 3 of the 5 hallway doors & door frames. I couldn't do the other two (Em and Eric's doors) because I haven't gotten the sticker residue off of them yet.
But so far, I really like the colors together, and I think it will be great when I (we!) are done. JP was supposed to go to Camp Ripley for Guards this weekend, but the snowstorm did have one benefit, they stayed in town. So instead of him being gone when I got home from work Friday night, and not seeing him until some time this evening, he's been home for "overnights" nudge nudge wink wink, and when he gets home this afternoon, I am going to guilt trip him into helping me get some painting done.
Don't get me wrong, I am going to work on it as soon as I am done blogging, but there's always more to be done, it's turned in to a HUGE project. I think if I can finish KILZing, and get the 3rd coat on those doors before he gets home, he can do a coat of paint in the dining room while I work on getting the living room ready, taking things off walls, wiping down the walls, moving furniture into the middle of the room, stuff like that, that is NOT painting for awhile.

I also have a pretty decent schedule for the next 2 weeks, not too many classes, and yet, not working until 3 each day (except Fridays, they're always an all day thing) so I am thinking that could be the perfect time to rip up the carpet and make a few trips to the dump.

OK, enough procrastination, time to paint... well, think I'll have a smoke first, no need to rush in to these things, ya know!
Shit, if I don't get this done today, I will be pissy all week, having to look at it NOT DONE... no smoke until paint is on a wall... THAT'S IT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see all these walls and doors painted. It took 3 coats of Kilz?? Did I understand that correctly? I thought that was some one coat stuff??

What did you ever decide about your job? Take the FT position or stick with what you've got?