Tuesday, April 29

flip! changed my mind

Yesterday at work, I got called in to Barb's office. (She's my boss) She said that she did not want to interview anyone. She has a huge stack of applications and resumes, and she had to talk to the regional HR person to get "permission" to NOT talk to any of them.

She offered me the job. I accepted.

I am a full time CSA effective June 1, and that's when I will start working Saturdays on a ROTATING schedule, instead of EVERY Saturday, and I can work other shifts besides closing every night. Not that I mind closing, but in the summer, it might be nice to get out of there earlier.

I will have a meeting within a month to discuss my benefits, what I can get, and if I want it, that sort of thing. Between now and then, JP and I need to look over the health insurance that we currently get from his employer, so I KNOW when I see my employer's plan, if it's better or not.

I guess I just decided that I am sick of hopping around, job-wise... I DO have a good job now, and I'm so used to having shitty jobs, that I think I'm almost LOOKING for something in this one that isn't perfect.
No job is perfect, if it was, they wouldn't call it "work"
But this job is a good one, it does not require safety glasses, or steel toed shoes, something I have done before, and swore once that I would NEVER go back to. The pay is, after 6 months, almost as high as what I was making the last time I had to wear safety glasses and steel toed shoes, and crushed my finger in a press brake.
The worst thing I have to worry about for injuries here: a paper cut.

I can do this, and I will do this.
Maybe within a few years, I will do a night thing and go get my Bachelor's Degree, try moving to the other side of the bank, be a personal banker or a loan officer, but for now, I'm thinking this is good.
And, according to Steff's definitions, my ducks are finally in a row.
big sigh of relief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Am I getting this right that you're QUITTING college for now??? I'm happy for you to get the full time job but I really hope you don't put your education on the back burner. You're SUCH a smart woman.