Friday, April 4

News from Tuesday

I was too tired Wednesday, and for that matter, it lasted through today!
But Tuesday was the Induction Ceremony for Phi Theta Kappa, the national honor society for 2 year colleges. Since ours was a new charter, we had to have a pre-induction ceremony to basically START the chapter. So we 16 who were there to be the first inductees got to sign the charter. It looked a bit like the Declaration of Independence, and immediately after we each signed it, it was framed. Nobody else will ever sign it. I thought that was pretty cool. The Charter will hang in the school now, and MY name is on it.

The best part of the night, the one thing that made me do that little hitch of breath was when JP got there. Remember me saying that Alex's high school orientation was the same night? Alex's thing started at 6:30, mine began at 7. JP took Alex while Mom brought Emma and Eric to my thing. Once all the speakers started babbling (including the provost of the college, who, BTW, is a horrible public speaker!) I kept looking over my shoulder at the door, watching for JP and Alex to arrive. I hoped and hoped that they would make it in time.

And they did. Just after the boring speeches, they came sneaking in. I turned and looked just in time to see my husband sitting down next to my daughter. That made my day!

Afterwards, mom took the kids home and JP and I went out with a bunch of other 'inductees' to a bar in town that has 2-for-1's after 9 pm... They also had karaoke and a dance floor. JP even had a good time. He was talking with some guys (hubbies of classmates, and one male classmate) that he met THAT NIGHT, and was not silent and shy... of course, he DID have a few beers...It was a really good night, got home just before 2 am though! Needless to say, not many of us made it to our 8 am class on Wednesday!

More later, but that was my Tuesday, it was a good one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad JP made it to the ceremony!! It's good you had a night out on the town with him--sounds like you had a good one.