Sunday, April 20

Got the paint, and a plan

JP and I went out and got the paint for the trim... and some extra...
He's letting me paint more!
The dining room wall that connects to the hall that I already painted, AND the living room that is around the corner/ at the "photo taking" end of the hall. Go scroll back and see the 'before's again, and the dining room is to the right, and the living room is behind me... I'll post pictures when I can. After I do the painting, the next step (which I hope to have done before my graduation) will be to rip up the carpet that covers the hallway and runs into the living room and replace it with a pretty wood laminate flooring.

That means I don't have to be too careful with the paint, if I get a little on the carpet, it just means that we HAVE to replace it, it won't be an optional "someday" thing!

Coolest part is that it's not costing us a ton, even the flooring isn't too bad. We aren't planning on using the rebate check on it AT ALL.

With our window shopping at home improvement stores, we have found a good price on the fencing for the backyard. The rebate won't cover it all of it, but we should be able to save up the rest before the end of the summer and have it done by my birthday. I'm happy with the plans but I know it will take alot of work, and will be an exhausting few weeks, but I am really looking forward to the end result.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will be SO glad when you get all these projects done. I hope you do take a minute to post some pictures--I love before & afters!! I'm planning to post a few of the sod in the back yard.