Wednesday, April 23

Lesson for the week: Don't rock the boat

Well, it's only Wednesday but I have already had a bugger of a week.

I found out that having an opinion, especially an unpopular one that does not cause warm fuzzy feelings is NOT appreciated in my class.

I'm sorry (no, I'm not) but I AM a boat rocker, I am an envelope pusher, I DO run with scissors, and I DON'T play well with others... I'm considering having a T shirt made...

So the deal is this: I have a problem with a choice made by my school concerning my graduation. I feel that the Provost should not be the one choosing the student giving the commencement address. But he did. And he made a bad choice. It's not entirely his fault, it was a lack of options.

Silly me, I voiced my opinion to a few classmates, one of them refused to speak to me afterwards, until I forced her to talk it out. This conversation is where I discovered that I am a heinous bitch because I have an opinion that is not "nice". I think we all remember here, gang, I have a problem with NICE.

Another friend, while she agreed with me, suggested that I just sit down and shut up and don't rock the boat, after all, we only have something like 2 and a half weeks until graduation, then we are done and after that, who the hell cares, right?

The speaker? Yeah, I don't really want to get in to it, but the thing is, there are SO MANY better candidates to give that speech. Even the friend who refused to speak to me, in fact, she's the one I thought it was when I heard that someone from our class had been chosen!

But I have decided to do exactly as I was advised, I'm going to sit down and shut up, and come May 16th, I am going to sit back and enjoy the show while she embarrasses herself and the school. And I won't say a thing, but you KNOW I'll be thinking it...


told ya so.
when will they learn? I'm always right (insert evil laugh here...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL We have so much in common. I'm so bad about opening my mouth then getting hell from everybody around me.