Tuesday, March 11

Sam's Club is still technically Walmart

Because of this connection, it should not be surprising that there would be a Walmart baby IN Sam's Club. You know Walmart babies, right? No matter what day of the week, what time of day or night, there WILL be a screaming child in Walmart. Once the little bugger gets wheeled or dragged in the door and starts wailing, it BECOMES the "Walmart Baby"

Mom and I went to Sam's on Sunday... midday, early afternoon. Walmart Baby? Check. And you know, if you've ever been in one of these bulk stores, everyone just sort of Zombie walks up and down each aisle, looking to the left and then slowly turning to the right... checking out each side to see what wonderful deal might be lurking just ahead. Like Dawn of the Dead... the original ones, slow and lumbering, not like the new movie where they're more alert and quick.

So Mom and I get in line, assume the lumbering pace only to find that the Walmart baby is about half a loop ahead of us. That means that in the middle of each aisle, we meet them. Think of figure eights around each row... Mom and I finally, after being ignored with the looks and the loud grumbling and the disapproving sighs, decided to break ranks. We wheeled our heavy, hard to steer cart and GOT OUT OF THE ZOMBIE LINE! I was worried at first that Sam's minions would come and order us back, not being good little soldiers and all. But we loitered in the office supplies area and browsed some (pretty ugly) clothes while the Walmart baby made a few extra laps and got about 3 aisles in front of us. We stepped back into Zombie Line and enjoyed the peace and quiet. We had to be careful not to shuffle too fast, we didn't want to catch up to the Wailer, but the rest of the Zombie Shuffle was lovely.

I did really well, too, I even got my own freebie! I checked my receipt after we left, and realized that the checker did not ring up my paper plates. I (of course) bought a huge bulk of them, two stacks of 300 plates bundled together. If I remember correctly, the price sign said $9 and change, but it wasn't on the receipt! WooHoo, love to get stuff free. I don't feel a bit guilty either... Sam has a buttload of money and 600 paper plates WILL NOT break him. hehehehe

I have made some decisions about stuff and will post them later. Good things, really.

2 comments:

EJL said...

I am sorry..that must have been us!

Nikky said...

Oh my gosh, Ellie, I was sitting in class when I read your comment and burst out laughing! (little embarrassed, hehe)
I've owned a Walmart baby myself, I think every parent has, it's like a rite of passage in parenting!