Thursday, March 13

Pissed Off

But, as my Grandma used to say, it's better than being pissed on!

I got a letter today from Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Minnesota.
(I mention them because I hope someone googles it and reads how much THEY SUCK ASS)

They have denied my claim for my surgery. They're not saying it's not medically necessary, however (because there would be cause for an appeal, ya know! fuckers)
They won't cover it because I am too old. (age discrimination, anyone?)
Apparently, it would go through if I were a dependant child of the primary (that would be my husband, JP)

But, trying to see the bright side here, it just means that I can get these damn things off sooner! So what if I still have an overbite? It's worked for me for the past 35 years, I guess it will work for another 35 or 40.

Pretty much every piece of mail I opened today made me cranky. I also got a letter about Alex's 9th grade orientation (he's moving up to the High School next fall!) The orientation will be Tuesday, April 1, at 6:30pm... half an hour later is the induction for the National Honor Society that I WILL be at, because I have EARNED it. How does a mother decide what's more important? My son or myself... shit I don't know what I'll do. Worst case, JP takes Alex and Mom brings Emma and Eric to the Induction Ceremony. I don't want to miss this thing for Alex, it's a big step for him... but I also don't want JP to miss this accomplishment of mine.

I also went out and bought the paint this morning, and some KILZ for the primer coat.(thanks for the suggestion, I have used it in the past, and LOVE it) I got the rollers and brushes and drop cloths and tape all hidden in the hall closet. JP never goes in there, he has no need to. Monday I will do the cleaning and prep and be ready to slap paint on first thing Tuesday when he's out the door.
That's all for now, another shitty day in the life...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the insurance thing. I am not a big fan of BCBS. I've had them in the past and they do suck!! But the company I use now does too, they don't pay for my birth control. ugh!

Yea for KILZ!!

That's a tough one about the cememony and your honor night. I hope everyone is happy in the end.