Saturday, March 1

Hockey Tournament


The final hockey hurrah of the season, the tournament hosted by us... There are 12 teams here, roughly 80 girls ages 8-11 and their parents and their grandparents and siblings and holy crap there's a TON of people in our town!


They had a shoot-out between games today. Any of the girls on any of the teams could sign up. The shoot-out consisted of each girl getting 5 pucks to shoot at a goal. They had a ply board cutout in front of the goal, with only 3 spots open, each corner and dead center. We had prizes for the top 3. The prizes? iPod Nanos. Of these roughly 80 girls, my daughter, no, let me say that again: MY DAUGHTER got 3rd place. And she won it in a 6 way tie shoot-out. I was so proud of her. She was the only Laker girl to even get in the top 10.


So now my daughter has one of the new iPod Nanos and I am green with envy! She's also got a running tab of $10 for the goal she scored yesterday. So far for the tournament (3 games so far, one more tomorrow) she is sitting at 1 goal and 4 assists.


Damn, she's good. I am so proud of her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's AWESOME!!! An iPod nano is a great prize for a shoot-out!! I'm proud of her. I'm also jealous that you have an outdoor ice rink!!!

Nikky said...

We have an outdoor rink, but this is not it, this pic was taken in International Falls, at the tournament there earlier this year.

We just got done ordering her an Invisible Sheild for the nano, now I just hope I can keep her from scratching it until then!

Anonymous said...

Don't drop the iPod--it will burst into a bazillion pieces inside. So I've heard.