Friday, March 21

Darn near full time

I was able to pick up quite a few extra hours at work this week, my "nikkydo" list suffered, but the money will be nice.

I did manage to paint the hallway, I have "during" pictures to post, but I think the 'after's will have to wait... turns out JP really liked what I did, but wondered if I was going to also paint the trim around the doors and the doors themselves! Um, well, I guess I can! So I have to go back to the store and get a gallon of paint in a shade darker than the walls, so it doesn't blend all in to one. That's what the dark wood paneling and the dark trim and the dark doors did, and it looked like crap.

I did not get my Stephen King book read, I did not get my book finished. I did get my closet cleaned out, and my top (read:naughty) drawer organized, and I got the pantry sorted through, too. That, in addition to working full days on Friday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I will also work all day on Monday and next Friday. That's all on the same pay period, so it should make for a nice sized check.

Tomorrow night is Mardi Gras night at my mom's bar. JP is on call, can't drink...hehe, I guess that would make him the DD. Except that he's feeling pretty sick and has a nasty cough tonight, and I don't think I want to drag him out tomorrow night in this weather. Yes, I said "this weather"...

We were almost thawed, most of the snow was gone. Until last night... it started snowing last night sometime, and it hasn't stopped yet! It's getting to be THE END OF MARCH and we have a frigging snow storm? Gawd, sometimes I really hate Minnesota.

On a brighter note, the NCAA tournament is going on. As of right now, there have been 28 games played. My bracket looks like this: 20 correct, 8 wrong. My husband's is 16 and 12. Yes, that's right, I am KICKING his sick little butt! And not only do I know NOTHING about college basketball, but I really hate it... basketball, the whole sport, I think it sucks. I picked my teams by guess and by golly. JP used ESPN and listened to so-called professionals... for example, in the Midwest, I chose the #11 seed Kansas State to beat the #6 seed USC because I like the Wizard of Oz... get it? Kansas? THAT is a prime example of the stupid logic that has me kicking butt! I love it!
But I have to work tomorrow morning, and I will post the 'during' pictures tomorrow. And now it is bedtime.

3 comments:

Steven Tyler's PJs said...

I know what you mean about the weather - seems like we ALWAYS had an end-of-April blizzard down in Iowa.

Anonymous said...

LOVE your NCAA logic. That's actually very smart!!! I hope you didn't pick Vanderbilt...they got STOMPED!! But Belmont, our other local team, almost beat DUKE, can you believe it??

Can't wait for pictures--glad JP liked it.

Snow? It was 75 here yesterday. Cooler today but still...I mowed the grass in shorts.

Steff said...

I need to borrow some of your energy! I did some organizing too, but none of my naughty stuff. LOL

Have a great Easter holiday weekend!