Monday, March 10

He's not the only game in town!

So Friday I blew... well, if I HAD NUTS, I'd have blown one.
I was pissed.
I called "my" oral surgeon, to find out if they had submitted the crap to my insurance company yet. Yes, they have. No, they haven't heard back yet, could take up to six weeks (little pissed here) I tell her, her being Nancy, the NICEST woman I have ever wanted to kill. Don't kill the messenger, MY ASS.
anyway, I tell Nancy that I had been hoping to schedule my surgery for my Spring Break, which is coming up. She stops me and says that unless I'm talking about Spring Break '09, it is not going to happen. Um, excuse me? She tells me that Dr. Iverson only does one surgery PER WEEK, and he's already booked well into OCTOBER! Fuck's sake, I wish someone would have told me this SIX MONTHS AGO! I would have forced us to switch insurers back then and get it approved THEN, so that I could have the fucking surgery NOW.

OH! OH! And then! AND THEN! She gives me even better news... upon hearing this crap, I ask her if it is required that I be wearing my braces when I have the surgery... she says "Yes, and not only that but you'll need to wear the braces for six months AFTER, too!"

(Insert SEVERAL minutes of 'the f word' here and kicking and crying and more swearing)

When I went in for a consult to get the braces TWO YEARS AGO, I was told that I'd be wearing braces for a year and a half, to two years... Now, if I stick with this oral surgeon, it will be THREE YEARS MINIMUM before I get these fucking things off!

I'm just tired of them. I want them OFF NOW.
So after calming down, I came to this conclusion: I will be wearing braces at my Graduation, which I DID NOT WANT TO DO. But I am going to call my Orthodontist today and get him to recommend some other oral surgeon who does more than one per week (slack-ass lazy fucker). Now, I know that no matter the oral surgeon, I will still have a six week wait for the insurance to decide to cover it... but if I can find a different oral surgeon, maybe once the insurance goes through, I can actually SCHEDULE THE DAMN THING, instead of waiting another SIX MONTHS before even getting the damn surgery!

So I had a pretty shitty day, but my weekend got better once I figured out what to do about it.
I have to pay attention in class now, but I will get back later today and tell y'all about the exciting trip to Sam's Club that my mom and I took on Sunday....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You went to Sam's Club? I love that place!! Especially the free samples!!

Sorry about the stupid dentist. He obviously isn't hurting for $$ if he can get away with only one surgery case per week. That isn't much at all!! I hope you find a better/new one!

Melissa said...

Orthodontists and I go waaay back, and we're still not friends. One year, my ass - it was almost four years before they removed my braces, and I had to threaten to remove them myself first! Good luck with the new guy, I'll be rooting for you.