Tuesday, March 11

Mayo Clinic and "The Plan"

I just got a call from my Orthoasshole. Actually, it was his receptionist. She talked to me about Mr.Popular and his being booked through October, and had discussed it with Dr. Orthoasshole, too. He had another name, and with my OK, they were going to send my file to him, so they could contact me to set up a consultation. One hitch: This new guy, he's at the Mayo Clinic... as in, Rochester Minnesota. Which is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE END OF THE STATE... oh well, it could be worse. At least he is IN the state. And I do have in-laws who live just about half an hour from Rochester, too. So I OK'd it, and they're sending him a letter and my X-rays, etc. His peeps will call me, and we will go from there. I plan on, when they call to set up the consult, asking how far out this doctor is booked... if it's also October, well, then fuck it, I may as well stay local, you know?

Now, for the plan:

  • I am DONE taking those pills. I haven't taken one in a couple of weeks, and I am feeling better. They just make me tired and I don't see that as a benefit.
  • I am making a "NikkyDo" list. Kind of like a "honeyDo" list, but this is for me. Since I won't be recovering from surgery during spring break, I have a few ideas on things that need to be done around here, including cleaning out my "naughty drawer"... it's just too cluttered and it's hard to find the things I 'really' want...
  • I am also going to force myself to READ a book FOR FUN during spring break. I just bought the newest Stephen King book (newest as of today, there may be another one tomorrow! LOL)
  • In my sidebar, over there, I put up my winner banner from NaNoWriMo 2006. But here's the deal, I didn't FINISH the book. I made it to the 50,000 word count, actually, got to 53K, but the story is NOT DONE! I am going to try to finish it during spring break. Deal is, I KNOW the ending now, I know how to finish it.
  • I am going to open a safe-deposit box at work. I get one free, as an employee. This is where I will "save" my London money. My silver jar is about 3/4 full, and has $335 in it. when I get to $400, I will take it to work and get 4 $100 bills and stuff them away. Hard to get to, even though I work right there... easy to NOT touch it til it's time to leave for London!

OK, so there's the plan... for now. But right now I have to get into the shower because I have a Senate meeting at noon, then class from 1 to 2. I bowled last night, not fabulous, but I did beat my average every game... 123 average, scores of 124, 125 and 130... not stellar, but not sucking ass, either.

Time to shower...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are on a mission!! I hope you fulfill your plan. Sounds like a good one!!
I bet there will be a lot of hot doctors at the Mayo clinic. Well, in my head, they are hot!!