Thursday, July 5

I've been up to my ass in Ethics

I haven't been posting much the last week or so, I got my final paper assignment for my Ethics class Monday night. We read two novels during the class, Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse and The Stranger by Albert Camus. Both were horribly dull and irrelevant to me, but apparently relevant to ethics and my teacher as well.

The final paper assignment was to give a synopsis of both novels, then compare and contrast the two main characters, etc, yadda yadda yadda...dull dull dull. There was a minimum word count on the assignment, too. This guy doesn't do page requirements, like other writing classes I've had, he has a real boner for the word count feature on Microsoft Word. Fine. Whatever.

I started this paper Monday night after I got home from class. I have worked on it a minimum of 4 hours per day, often more like 6 to 7. I finished it this afternoon around 3. My word count? Yeah, I think I'll just squeak by with 2,948 words.

Main thing is, IT IS DONE! Now all I have to worry about for that class is the final exam, which is Thursday the 12th. I have a study guide for it, he gave it to us. I haven't even looked at that, haven't had time.

I also have to get started on my last paper for College Writing II, which is an argumentative paper on the topic of my choice. I have decided to argue against women having babies late in life. Now, now, don't get all defensive if you're one of them. I really don't care, I mean, to each his (her) own, I just had to choose a topic that was related to something we read during the course. We read some really crappy stuff, and this was the best I could come up with. Thing is, it requires so much research, I will probably be at the library for hours looking up crap. The rough draft of this paper is due Thursday the 12th as well. The final draft of it is due on the last day of that class, Monday the 16th. There is a real good chance that my husband will be in the United States as I turn in my final paper...

Yeah, we are getting that friggin' close!

I am using tomorrow to clean house and get packed, since Saturday morning we are heading down south for Nikki's wedding. That, and I want my Emma back. It's too quiet here without her. Plus she's running up phone bills for all my in-laws, I'm sure. She calls almost every day, she really misses us...well, not her brothers, I guess it's just me.

I will try to get a good picture of the kids and I at the wedding. I think JP will be amazed at how much the kids have grown. Alex, for sure. He is something like 5'7" or 8" now. He's the same height as my mom. Of course, I will be wearing heels in the picture, but still, that kid is just getting too damn tall!

Counting the weeks is better than counting the months, soon I will count the days.
I dream of a day when there'll be no countdown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Late in life moms can be such a good thing. It's the pregnancy I worry about --high risk ya know? But I think an older mother has wisom, money, and TIME to spend. Unselfish time. Good luck with your papers and homework crapola.

He's almost home sweetheart...