Thursday, February 16

win-win

Once again, I find a situation presenting itself that is a benefit for both mom and I. We are so much alike, I guess it shouldn't surprise me that we need help at the same time. The beautiful part is, we can help each other while helping ourselves.

Just knowing that she is coming makes me smile... look at that, Nik's got her smile back... how nice.

I know she reads this, too, and I don't want her to get a big head (haha) but I gotta tell you, she is the best thing that has ever happened to me. One might say "Your husband should be the best thing that ever happened to you" but without her raising me the way she did, without her being such an important part of my life, I don't know that I would have JP. If I didn't like her, I wouldn't have moved with her, and never would have met my husband, that's a big one. I probably would have fucked up my marriage shortly after it started if not for her advice.

And now, once again, she will keep me sane until he returns. "watch and learn grasshopper" ...
She and I talk about how were friends, best friends, but times like this make me see that we will always still be mother and daughter. All I could think of today at work was "I want my mommy" Im still her little girl. I still have so much to learn from her. I'm just lucky that she likes me enough to keep teaching me.

JP should feel very good about this. I wasn't doing well, not at all. When I don't do well, the kids do even worse. I needed help. I needed this. It's a win-win... I just hope mom is really really ok with it. I know she doesn't really want to leave her house, and I worry that she thinks she's either intruding, or going to be a burden to me and my family. That couldn't be farther from reality. I hope she knows (and if youre reading this, then believe it!!) how much we want and need her here.

No comments: