Friday, February 17

a better day

Still a shitty day at work, but once 4 o'clock rolled around, it all got better. First off, mom was there waiting with a hug when I was about to leave work. Get home, and get another AFLAC check from Alex's accident. Eases the financial worries about the upcoming trip. Emma had a hockey game tonight, no they didn't win (they didn't play Alexandria!) but at least they didn't get completely humiliated. The score was 7-0. Shortly after coming home, my phone rings. It was him, finally, it was him. I started to cry just hearing his voice. It was so nice.

I was able to tell him quite a few things that had happened in the last 9 days. He couldn't talk long, it's never long enough. But I was able to let him know about mom being here, and the plan for her to come here and stay. He sounded relieved. I think she was worried that he would be upset. How could he be? He knows how much she means to me, he knows how close we are. Her being here could never be a bad thing. I'm sure he knows the stress I have, and just having her here will help ease that.

It's been a long day, the next 8 out of 9 days involve a cold hockey arena, so I'm going to get some sleep. I feel so much better today. Tons of weight lifted...

No comments: