Monday, February 20

new rules, same old kids

Today was the first day with the kids having their chore lists. Alex said he did his, but didn't, Emma whined and avoided. Eric did his. Who would have thought?
Alex said he did his chores, and then left to spend the night at Dalton's for his birthday. After he left, I noticed that he didn't wash the dishes that don't fit in the dishwasher. He also filled the dishwasher, but didn't start it. I was mad about that until I looked at the dishes. He did a piss poor job of rinsing, so if he HAD run it, it would have been clogged anyway.
Emma was supposed to get her room clean today. I let her go to open skating with the understanding that it would get done today. When we discussed what was for supper tonight, I suggested pizza. I said that if rooms were clean, we could have a mini fun-night. I gave Emma until 1 hour before hockey practice. Her room was not clean, she wasn't working on it, unless I was directly talking (not yelling) about it. I started making some pasta crap for supper, and both kids gave me the "awww, what about pizza??" I had to explain to them that this was the consequence of them not doing their chores.
This is seriously going to take some work. I know in the end, it will be worth it. I just hope I don't go nuts before then.

I have to work tomorrow at 6 a.m. so I should get to bed soon. It's kind of a nice shift. I still have the majority of the day to get things done. But it's not even 9 p.m. and I'm exhausted. I still have to feed the dogs, just realized I forgot to feed them when I fed the kids and I. So much for getting to bed, guess that can wait a while longer.

Bought the first Cadbury Creme Egg of the season... I just love Easter.

No comments: