Saturday, February 18

things change

Sometimes things change for the better. Hasn't happened alot around here lately, but today it did. Mom came for the weekend, we had a family meeting. Hopefully it will help. The kids have taken on some responsibility, taking some of the burden off me. I already feel better, less stress, more relaxed. I haven't yelled all day. Just that is a vast improvement. I feel like maybe with these changes, we can handle this, maybe with things like this, I won't go postal. And maybe my kids and I will survive this.

We got some things done this weekend that I have been putting off due to necessity. I got some T-shirts framed, I got mom's help putting chicken wire around the big tree in the back yard so Comet can't rip any more bark off of it. She was well on her way to killing that tree. She was not happy to go out and see the change we made, it was like we took away her favorite outdoor chew toy.

I have almost $3,500 saved towards our trip so far. I don't want to have to use the Anytime Credit, so I will continue to sock away money until we leave. I don't want us to have to worry about every dime we spend, worry about being able to buy the kids stuff down there. I will have the next year after we get back from Mississippi to worry about money, I don't want to spend my last few days with my husband worrying about money.

I think I've decided what to do with my life. I mean, I think I want to know what I want to be when I grow up! I am going to check into the tech school here in town, see what it takes to get a degree in accounting. Funny how things work, I always hated math in school, now I want to get a degree and a career working with it. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the alphabet has a place in math... accounting rarely uses letters. It's logical, if you do it right, the answer will always work out right. I would like to start classes in the fall, I don't know how that will effect my current job, don't really care. I think I should stay there through school, for the income, and as soon as I get a real job, using my accounting degree, I will kindly and without burning a bridge, bow out.

Emma has a game in Fergus Falls tomorrow. I really hope this one is at least close. Her game against Pequot Lakes was closer than the last couple, they only lost 7-0. but she was upset, losing that much can really get to a kid. She and I decided that we will go to the 2 open skates on Monday and Tuesday, the kids don't have school, and I work a shorter shift. Emma could certainly use the ice time, and if I go with her, maybe it will be fun, too.

Time for bed, big day tomorrow. I miss him, I love him, and now I know that I will be ok until he comes home.

No comments: