Tuesday, February 21

some things are better

I can see some results of these new rules. I came home from work today and Emma was sweeping the kitchen and dining room. Alex's room is clean, and he's upstairs now putting away the clean dishes and reloading the dishwasher. I haven't had to do too much yelling either, just talking, reminding them. I didn't expect it to change overnight, there's still a bit of whine, but it is getting better. I have a clean uniform to wear to work tomorrow, due to Emma doing her chores. I just have to fold my clothes, that's my chore, and I have to get to it before I go to bed.

I'm pretty tired tonight, I was up at 5 a.m., to work at 6. Tomorrow, the kids go back to school, and I go back to normal. I'm sure it will feel nice to sleep in til 6 tomorrow! I also spent alot of time today running and doing, other than work. Since Emma's room was clean last night, I told her I would take her to Open Skate today, and of course, I had to get out on the ice, too. Now I'm paying for it, I'm pretty sore.

Mom is getting the ball rolling on her move. I picked up a change of address packet at the post office for her today. She is hoping to be entirely out by the 10th of March. With Emma's hockey schedule and then our trip, it will be tight, but we will be there to help her as much as possible. I know this isn't easy for her, and I'd like to be there for her as much as I can. Not just in the moving of furniture and 'stuff', but to be a shoulder for her, too.

I better get my chores done so I can go to bed... maybe I can talk to JP this week, he's working nights, so it won't be easy, plus with hockey and moving, weekends will be tough too. I miss him, it's only 3 weeks til I see him again, I can't wait!! I mailed him a package today, some fun things for him. Just stuff to keep him busy til we get there.

Time for chores and bed, tomorrow is another day (another day closer to him coming home!)

No comments: