Monday, February 13

Cards

I've been finding cards to send to you. Cute ones, sweet mushy lovey ones, some that say I love you, some say I miss you. I want you to get mail from me alot, so you think of me alot. It kinda bothers me that you don't do the same. I know, I know, that's just not you. But it IS me, so you should consider it. Then again, if I TELL you to do it, it's really pointless. I might as well send them to myself. I don't know if you realize how important it is to me to know that you're thinking of us, and that you miss us. I KNOW you do, I guess it must be a chick thing.

I was going through the closet yesterday, cleaning it up a bit, and I found the paper memoriabilia from our trip with the kids to the Dells. I found the answer card from that Wizard Quest place. I started to cry because I saw your handwriting on it. See? That's what I mean... something that I can hang on to, read again and again. Yes, it's wonderful to talk to you on the phone, and yes, I do enjoy chatting on the computer, but once I hang up, and once I close out the IM box, it's gone. It's a link to you that I can carry with me, I don't know if you realize how much I really need that.

The kids are getting ready for tomorrow, Emma is upstairs writing out her Valentine's cards to the kids in her class. I'm getting either depressed or annoyed with all the love and hearts and crap going around. I know it's just because you're not here. But I can't stop rolling my eyes and sticking out my tongue at all the romance bull out there. I will just be happy when it's over. I'll be happy when alot of stuff is over. Like hockey, the school year, this deployment, your 20 years... feel like I'm just sitting here waiting for better times to come along.
Guess I'll just sit here for the next 14 months... ha ha.

No comments: