Tuesday, February 14

Valentine's Day

Today was hard, and today was nice. It was hard being alone. Missing you. It was nice because you remembered the flowers. And the balloon. And the bear. AND the box of chocolates!! You really outdid yourself. The card made me cry. The only way it could have been better would be if the card was in your handwriting, or if you delivered it!

Gina didn't want me to feel bad, being without you, so she brought me flowers too! She's a good friend. She has been just a great shoulder for me.

I made the call today, and got approved for financing for braces. Just the braces will be around $6600. The surgery for the jaw (and nose, if I go that route) will be more... probably much much more. I don't know just how far I'll go with this. It's pretty vain, getting a nose job. I never thought I was that vain. Maybe I always have been, but never had the money to do anything about it. Not that we do now, but we have the ability to pay things off better now. I can't help but weigh it out though. My nose versus paying off the KIA... my nose versus having more remodeling money for when you get back. Am I really that shallow? On one hand, I feel guilty for wanting this for myself. On the other hand, I look at all the stuff I paid off with the extra money last time. Sometimes I feel like I deserve this for me... but then I go right back to feeling guilty. I am ok with the braces, but it's the nose part that's really got me going back and forth.

I also took care of the hotel reservations today. Two rooms in Ellisville, 2 nights. Late check-in on the 16th in Pensacola. I'm really looking forward to this, and yet, as it was with the Christmas break, I am already dreading the end of it. I know it will go too fast, and then we will be driving away, leaving you again. Much more final this time though. With this one, I don't know when I will see you again. That's the part that really hurts my heart. Actually makes my chest ache. I miss you. I want you back.

No comments: