Friday, February 24

Trust issues

That's it, I'm done at McDonald's. We've had problems the last few months with tills being short. Not just a little either, I'm talking up to $90 short from one register. Ken started getting some heat from the owner about finding out who it is, and showing them the door. I can understand that, of course, if someone is stealing, they need to find out who, and take care of it. For the last week, I have come to work in the mornings, go into the office to do the deposit and books, and wow, look at that, Ken or Cynthia got their early and did that for me. I got chewed out by Cynthia this week for trying to get $25 worth of $1's for Ann on front counter. I was informed that it was HER safe, and nobody needed to be in it but her. Well, if she had been around, I wouldn't have had to do her job!! I feel like they suddenly don't trust me, and I'm not the only one they're doing this to. Gina and Janean have both been suddenly treated like felons! I can understand Ken wanting to get to the bottom of this, but how about talking to your management team, telling them that until this issue is resolved, Ken and Cynthia will be the only 2 to touch money. Otherwise, it feels like were being accused. I don't like that.

So what I will do is this: When April 5th comes around and Ken wants my availability for May, I'm going to tell him not to put me on the schedule at all. I will not tell him that I'm quiting, just that I need a few weeks to figure it out. When May 5th comes around, and I go in to pick up my (last) check, I will drop off all my uniforms, too.

JP will be over there by then, and the money will be ok, won't even notice that I'm not bringing in a check. I will have to get another job, mostly for sanity's sake while he's deployed. And of course, things will get paid off quicker if I'm employed. Besides, I've found that I really pack on the weight when I'm not working, and that's the last thing I need!

I should look into the opening date for the Menard's out there by Walmart. I bet they need a financial type, bookkeeping type person. If nothing else, I do have over 3 years management experience to offer. Thanks McDonald's! Plus, I wonder what kind of employee discount they offer! I wonder if I can submit a resume/application before they open. I bet someone at the City can tell me where to do that.

I ordered a few things on Victoria's Secret online last night, nothing slinky, just some "vacation clothes" for our trip. I can't believe it's only 2 weeks from Monday!! It was taking forever to get here, and now that it's getting closer I feel like I'm so unprepared! I still have to get the oil changed on the van, get it cleaned out, get the last of the money figured out, and get things ready for food and drinks for the road. I will be getting the cooler from mom this weekend, that's one thing that will help me feel better. I need to go make a list of the things I need to make lists for. A list of things for the cooler, a list of clothes that I will pack for me, a list of clothes I will pack for JP, a list of things I will bring to keep the kids amused for 24 hours in the van. Listing calms me, don't judge!!LOL

No comments: