Thursday, November 2

I had a good day, really good day

Today was a day of accomplishment, feeling pretty damn good about myself and being a good friend.
So, yeah, it was definitely one of the better days I've had.

I got back a Business Math test today, got an A on that.
I went down to the tutoring offices and got help with my computer homework, and I think I can safely say that Excel does NOT hate me... As I believed earlier this week. I have a decent grasp on it now, thanks to Mr Ebie, who is a genius.
I have been talking with/coaching a friend through the rough waters of asking a girl out. He actually asked me "What do women want?" Wow, Adam, such a big cliche from such a young guy.... But he called me at noon today with very good news. He has a date with the beautiful and until recently unapproachable Sara this weekend. He was literally floating, he sounded giddy. I told him to gush and giddy all over me, get it out of his system, because chicks SAY they want a sensitive guy, but giddy is just going too far. Get it out, and get it over with. But, yes, I am very happy for him, he's a good guy, and he deserves to be happy. Besides that, this girl, this Sara, she is freakin' hot!

While I was in the tutoring center, I was visited by Diane S, my instructor for my College Success Skills class. The synopsis of the whole course is to teach us to be better students. Last week--the big term paper--yeah, it was for this class. Diane came up to me while I was working with Mr Ebie and asked me if I could possibly get her another copy of my term paper. She said it was "Exemplary... Exactly what I was looking for" "If I could have given you more points on it, I would have"... (insert blushing Nik here) I told her that if she just wanted to keep the copy I turned in, that would be fine, after I look over her comments etc. She said she'd actually like a copy without all her writing on it. She first off, wants to read it to the class, to show them what she was expecting. She asked my permission to do that, and I gave it. She said she wouldn't tell them who the author was, but come on, they will know... I am not shy about sucking up in that class, I couldn't give a shit less what those slackasses think of me. So she will be reading that next week when she hands back everyone else's papers. THEN, she wants to keep a copy for next semester, next year... Whatever. To better show students what is expected of them in regard to this term paper. So in essence, my term paper is going to become part of the curriculum, it is the one to beat...
I've never been the GOOD example before. I've been the bad example plenty of times, but never the good one. I am actually honored, and humbled, and just a little vindictive and nasty and can't wait for Steven to find out.

I made the final payment on the new furniture today. I'm a little (a LOT) annoyed that they can't deliver it until next Thursday, due to deer hunting. OMG, talk about shitty customer service. Deer hunting is no excuse for lack of delivery. I wanted it all here before Steven and Mark come for the weekend, but now that's not going to happen. Oh, well, I can't have everything, can I? (wait, why the hell not!?)

I had an accounting test today, feel pretty confident about it. Afterwards, my friend Karmeen helped me with my Payroll that's due tomorrow. I did it again, slackassed through another chapter, and Karmeen really bailed me out. She didn't just give me the answers, she gave me a crash course on where to find the answers. I'm expecting the test to be Monday.

When she and I finished up with our homework in the commons, we just sat there and talked. She is really nice, and we had a good laugh about men and how ridiculous they can be. I'm sure if anyone overheard us, they walked away blushing. It felt nice to just hang out there, like I belonged there. Plus it helped that I was done with so much homework, I didn't feel bad for just hanging out and goofing off.

After a few minutes of that, I was jerked back to reality. I have the Senate Agenda to type up. It's not needed until Monday, but I had time, and I knew Slinger was in the office for reference if need be, so I headed down to the senate office to get another thing off the list. Slinger is sick. I mean actually physically ill. A head cold. He is taking some kind of OTC liquid for this, but he keeps it in his jacket pocket and takes a swig off it like a wino with his stash. I was sitting at the desk, working on the computer, he was lounging on the couch in the office. I was intent, working away, when I heard a singing whispering. The guy was talking to his laptop. It was not on, it was not open. That I could have accepted, I talk to my computer, swear at it when I screw something up...Blame the computer, not my fault! But Slinger was petting his laptop and whispering to it. When I looked up to see what he was doing, I realized that he was also playing with the microwave across the room. His reflection in the microwave door was distorted, and it made him laugh. He was bobbing his head, weaving from side to side, the microwave door was a fun house mirror. He had this glazed over 'asleep while walking' look in his eyes.

I realized that I would not be getting pointers on the Agenda from President Bonzo today. I did it all myself, and it looks wonderful. While I was finishing up, the sergeant at Arms came into the office. I asked him if he would babysit the President, or give him a ride home. Funny, I don't remember "mother" being in the job description for Secretary. Just another service I provide free of charge, I guess.

Emma has hockey tonight, and I will be making supper shortly, early eating due to her schedule tonight.

My plan for the weekend, other than Steven and Mark being here will be to do the final things I can get done and out of the way. I have an extra credit assignment available in Marcus' Computer Tech class, and since I think I will need all the points I can get, I'm going to do that. It's not due until December 1st, but I want to get it out of the way. I am also going to get started on my presentation due for Diane (see above) for the final in that class. It's a 10 minute interview about what we've learned. I think I can basically read my term paper to her... But that would be redundant, so I will come up with something else. She suggested making notes about things we want to talk about. I can get that started this weekend, hell, the way I'm going I can probably finish it.

Wow, lots to say today. I guess it was a busy day, even though I only had 2 classes today. Keeping busy is good for me, because HOLY SHIT, did you notice? IT'S NOVEMBER ALREADY!!!

1 comment:

Scott from Oregon said...

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Something to keep me busy in November...

Glad to hear you are having good days.