Saturday, November 4

Streaming on the 'net, and sex toy parties and pull tabs

I'm a happy girl... My favorite radio station, The Eagle 106.9 out of Fargo ND is now streaming on the 'net... So now I can listen to it while I'm online, anywhere! It's a little static-y listening to it on a radio in the house, just a little too far away. I've got Sonny & Cher singing "I got you babe" right now, just like Groundhog Day.

Last night I went to a sex toy party with my friend Gina. She got the invite from the girls she works with, and since she's new and doesn't really know too many of them, she asked if she could bring a friend, and I am it!
Wow, what a good time! Turns out the hostess of the party is Emma's friend Hailey's MOM! Hailey is in hockey with Em, and they played together all summer, they live just a few blocks away, and I had never met her mom. It was a really good time, and of course, I bought some fun stuff, too!
A few months ago, I think I may have posted exactly WHAT I bought on here, but since I've noticed the number of profile views going up lately, I don't think I'm quite ready to share THAT much with people I don't know. Suffice it to say that I am eagerly awaiting my husband's arrival in December.

OH!! THAT REMINDS ME!! Yeah baby!! He is leaving the sandbox on the 24th of December for his two weeks leave!!! It may take him 3 days or so to get home, but I don't care, Christmas can wait a few more days. I have finals the week before that, ending on the 22nd. The 22nd is my last day of fall semester, and I don't start spring semester until January 10th! Yeah, that means that his whole leave will be during my winter break! Other than the grocery store for sustenance, I will not have to get dressed the whole time! (Can ya tell I'm excited??) Holy Crap, it has just been too damn long!

MARCH!! It's been March since I had my man in my arms... Last December since I've had him in our bed where he belongs! TOO DAMN LONG!

So on a completely separate and other-subject type note, Steven and Mark were here today. They originally planned to come up this weekend to meet Dave, but Mom put the kebosh on that plan... Nobody is really ready for that yet. So they got here about 1:30 today, we sat and visited until 4 when Mom got home from work.
Mom made sure to tell Steven about my term paper, bragged me up really. It was so nice of her, and I just sat there all humble thinking "choke on it you limey bastard"... Maybe I do still have issues! Naw, fuck it, I'm fine!
Then we went to the Hunan Springs Buffet for an "earlier than the early birds" dinner. We were too damn hungry to wait for normal people dinner hour! Afterwards we dropped the kids off at the house, and went down to the Holiday Inn and had a few drinks, and we were home by shortly after 8. Gawd we are boring people. No, we're not, we are fun. I made a conscience effort to NOT be Steven's little sister, and in talking to Mom afterwards, I'd say it was a rousing success. I am my own person, and he is NOT better than me. I made an effort to not allow him to push my buttons, and it was actually fun. Of course, it was a very short visit, they are leaving in the morning, I won't even have to see them. That helps, too.

While we were out at the bar, Mark was buying pull tabs, sharing them with everyone. I got a $100 winner! I gave Mark $40, that's what he had put into the pull tabs, and I gave Steven 10, to help pay the bar tab, and so at the end of it all, I had dinner, drinks, self confidence and pride AND $40!!
It was a good night.

Tomorrow I've got to work on my Payroll homework. I swear, that class may be the Perfect GPA killer... But I will have nobody but myself to blame. I am going to buckle down tomorrow and understand it if it kills me!! I did so good Thursday and Friday on getting my homework for other classes done, so I can concentrate on Payroll. We are reviewing on Monday, and the test on Chapter 4 will be Wednesday.

I will have a nice end of the week next week, too. I don't have class Wednesday morning, so I don't have to go in until 11, and we don't have classes at all on Friday.

I'm going to bed now, but hey, JP... Just want you to know that I love you. I always have, even before I knew you. I always will love you, too. After all, you have my heart.

No comments: