Sunday, November 12

Sunday is SUPPOSED to be a day of rest

I'm not feeling very rested.
Alex's friends were here last night, horror movies all day and all night. I bought 8 pizzas to feed those boys, and by 8 a.m., there were NONE left... not a single peperoni, not a single mushroom. NOTHING. I also bought 6 2-liter bottles of pop, also gone, but that didn't even make it through the night.
They attempted to sleep in a tent last night. Between the horror movies all day and the fact that it's NOVEMBER in MINNESOTA... They didn't last long. Maybe 3 hours. When I got up this morning, I noticed a large number of shoes in my porch. I went downstairs, flipped on the light, not bothering to be quiet, and discovered one sleeping on the love seat, one crashed in the middle of the floor. I went into Alex's room and found the other 4, two on the top bunk, two on the bottom. Still wearing their coats, all individually wrapped in blankets and sleeping bags.

I have spent today (other than the few minutes I got to talk to JP) doing laundry and studying for my computer test tomorrow. It's a whopper, too. It is covering 3 chapters, mainly Excel, which I am a little scared of.

We got an interesting phone call today though. Dale, Mom's realtor down in St. Cloud called. I talked to him, since Mom was at work. He asked that I have Mom call ASAP since he has gotten an offer on her house. Oh, I'm sorry, I said AN OFFER ON HER HOUSE!!! I know it's hard for her and I don't know what to say or do. She and I both know it's a good thing, probably one of the best things that could happen for her right now. But it's also saying a final goodbye, and I can tell that's going to be hard for her to do. I'm not sure what to do for her, other than try to remind her that it really is the best thing, and be there for her as she says goodbye.

I am so tired of cloudy weather. I would just like to see the sun, ya know? Even if it's only for a little bit. Seasonal depression is caused by lack of sunshine. I don't think that's really an issue for me, at least not yet, but holy crap, how about a nice sunny day? Is that so freakin' hard?

Oh, well, off to do more laundry, then I'm back to the books. After I've done a bit of work on my Excel crap, I think I will work on my Accounting problem. I'm doing fine in there, and we don't hand in the daily work, we go over it in class, and I'm understanding it and all. So if I don't get it done, it's not a huge deal, but it's nice to stay on top of it, ya know?

We are almost Mid-November now, it's really getting down there. I wonder what I'll have to count down to once you come home? Maybe we can do the math and figure out how many days are left in your contract. (Is that what it's called? the time remaining until you get out... THAT day, let's count that down next--oh, wait, we don't know if it's gonna be a few months or a few years yet--we still have to talk that one out, huh?)

OK, well, hurry home honey, we all miss you very much.

No comments: