Wednesday, November 8

Damn, I thought it was Thursday

All day today, I was thinking it was Thursday. Even though my Wednesday classes are waaay different than my Thursday classes, I was still convinced... Shit, now I have to live through another Thursday. Two consecutive Thursdays seems like cruel and unusual punishment to me.

Our Indian Summer is drawing to a close tonight, right now, as I type. The wind has picked up, and the temperature is dropping. About a week ago, it perked up, got into the 50's, even hit 60 once or twice. Pretty late for an Indian Summer, but I'll take it. I don't remember the last one that hit AFTER we had already had snow! So it was nice while it lasted.

So that Marcus, my computer instructor... He's a real piece of work, I tell ya. I don't know, maybe it's me... Nope, I think it's him. He's a great guy, very nice, easy to talk to... But he talks so far over my head most of the time in class, I am just lost. OH! But in the halls, when I see him, he's very nice, and he's a big LOST freak, just like me... So we have that in common. I have him next semester, too, for Spreadsheet Applications. So basically, an entire class devoted to Excel, the one thing that is giving me fits this semester. I am SSSOOO looking forward to that!
(note the sarcasm? Yeah... )

I got a ton of homework done tonight, all I have left for the weekend is stopping in to Diane's office, and getting the assignment for next Wednesday. I had it, and I lost it. I know we have to turn in our notes from a couple of films she showed in class, and I think there's a paper to write, a short one this time, just 3 pages or so. But I need details, so I will have to pop in on her tomorrow and get more info.

We took the dreaded Payroll test today. I'm not sure how I did. Bad thing about the way I take tests, when it's over, it's gone. After the test, I was outside with Karmeen and Charity, and they were asking "What did you put for #4, the one about the W-4's?" Shit, I don't know. I answered it, and now it's over. I guess I will have to wait until Monday to see what I put for #4. I don't feel dreadful about it, but I'm not extremely confident either. I'll be happy with a high B, I guess. No, I won't be happy, but I think I'm expecting a high B. Only A's make me happy.

Over the weekend, I have to review the last three chapters in my computer book. We are having a big project/exam on Monday... Again, the lovely Mr Marcus. But I have to be ready for it, or I will not get my 4.0 GPA that I sssoooo want!!

Alex is having a ton of friends over this Saturday, a late birthday get-together. It sounds like they are doing horror movies and food, all day and all night. The new furniture will be delivered tomorrow, so they will not be doing those two things at the same time. I have warned Alex that if need be- I will be down in the family room the ENTIRE time, protecting that furniture.

I think Mom is going to be at Dave's the whole time, she has this weekend off. I don't blame her a bit, I wish I could escape. But there's furniture to be guarded, and Emma and Eric, too for that matter. I think the final guest list is standing at about 8 or 9 boys over during the day, and 4 spending the night.

I should go to bed, it's after 11, and I have an 8 a.m. class on THURSDAY, TOMORROW... AGAIN!!

No comments: