Wednesday, March 1

bill pay day

Today was bill paying day. I've been saving up money for this trip, so it was pretty easy to pay bills. But then I have to remember that the majority of the balance in the checking account is there for the trip. I have $1,000 in cash, about $1,000 in the account, and there's still the $1,500 in the anytime account. I get paid on the 5th, but that will go to making the March KIA payment. So Im pretty set on money. I'm a little worried, I wanted to have about $3,000. I just hope there's enough for everything.

I'm starting to get a little flack from the kids. The newness of their chores is wearing off, and now they just hate rules. This would be the point where I would let things slide, allow them to do this chore tomorrow night instead, or skip this one just this week. I can't do that. If things go back to the way they were, I will go insane, and take them with me! They've all said that they like me better now, I don't yell as much. They need to see the direct connection between them doing their chores and me not yelling.

Things at work are sort of improving. Cynthia was actually nice to me today. Ken let me count the deposit yesterday, and Cynthia didn't do it last night, so I was able to do it this morning. Maybe they finally figured out that I'm not the one pocketing the cash! I did have one moment of nervousness this morning with the deposit though. One of the drawers was a little over $12 short. I told Ken about it right away, and he asked me who was on the til. It was Mikey. So now my name will be on Cynthia's list one more time. Mikey's name is on it alot though.

Mom got the ball rolling on her auction. She is meeting with the guy tomorrow. Whenever she decides to have this, she will be up here, and I will go down to supervise the auction, and take a kid or two with me to help out. I can certainly understand her not wanting to be there the day her stuff is taken by perfect strangers. I just hope I will be able to walk into this house afterwards with a large check made out to her from the auctioneers. Money can't buy happiness, but I hope some of it can start to heal wounds.

The dogs need to go outside and they still need their supper, so I should get MY chores done!
Less than 2 weeks until I'm in his arms, finally!! I miss him so much I can barely stand it!

No comments: